Any new technology will have negatives and RFT is no longer an exception.
See below what I have for you. I have got this from internet.
- They are difficult to find on the replacement market. Few dealers stock them•
- They are expensive.
- “Most models” cannot be repaired.
- They ride rough.
- They tend to generate pattern noise as they wear.
- “Long tread wear does not seem to be a characteristic of these tires.”
- The special mounting/demounting equipment may not be found at all tire shops.
Advantages are many which all of us know !!